10 Doors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for the YouTube roleplay 10 Doors.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ticking Time [Jane x Cody]

Go down 
+3
Jasmine
Cody
Villain
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Villain
Admin
Villain

Ticking Time [Jane x Cody] Empty
PostSubject: Ticking Time [Jane x Cody]   Ticking Time [Jane x Cody] EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 5:47 am

Jane woke up in the basement, awoken by the sounds of Cody struggling and calling for his mother. He was hanging in the ceiling, only held by chains on his wrists and ankles. He was facing the floor, facing his mother. The chains looked rather fragile, and it didn't seem like they would be capable of holding his weight for a longer period of time. On the ground was a note.

"Let's play another game. You win, you get your son. You loose, you will never see him again. See those chains? They will break in give or take 24 hours, depending on how much he's struggling. Before then you must solve this puzzle, or else...

1 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 5 - 8 - 13 - ? - 34 (What is the missing number?)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/xNightKissx?feature=mhee
Cody

Cody

PostSubject: Re: Ticking Time [Jane x Cody]   Ticking Time [Jane x Cody] EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 5:50 am

(ooc: O_O Wow! You're so mean villain!!! Poor Cody! Poor Jane!!!)
Back to top Go down
Villain
Admin
Villain

PostSubject: Re: Ticking Time [Jane x Cody]   Ticking Time [Jane x Cody] EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 5:52 am

[OOC: Did you really expect me to be nice? Razz ]
Back to top Go down
Jasmine

Jasmine

PostSubject: Re: Ticking Time [Jane x Cody]   Ticking Time [Jane x Cody] EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 5:52 am

(OOC: Omg ! o.O i feel so clever because i understand the game and i know the answer :p)
Back to top Go down
Rapunzel

Rapunzel

PostSubject: Re: Ticking Time [Jane x Cody]   Ticking Time [Jane x Cody] EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 6:00 am

(OoC: Oh, yikes.. Meanie!)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/BoomerAANGProduction?feature=mhee
Cody

Cody

PostSubject: Re: Ticking Time [Jane x Cody]   Ticking Time [Jane x Cody] EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 6:00 am

(ooc: @Jasmine I'm so sad. I can't figure it out. )

Cody tried to struggle out of the chains. He didn't know how fragile the chains were. Then he almost slipped out of them. So he just froze there helpless. "MOM!!" Cody cried out.

Back to top Go down
Jasmine

Jasmine

PostSubject: Re: Ticking Time [Jane x Cody]   Ticking Time [Jane x Cody] EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 6:04 am

(OOC: @Cody I am not sure if i can tell you because villian won't like it if i destroy his little game)
Back to top Go down
Villain
Admin
Villain

PostSubject: Re: Ticking Time [Jane x Cody]   Ticking Time [Jane x Cody] EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 6:05 am

[OOC: Nuh, no telling xD BTW Jas, I learned this one from the Da Vinci Code xD I've always loved solving puzzles like that in real, that's why I loved that book xD I would guess things before they were revealed xD]
Back to top Go down
Cody

Cody

PostSubject: Re: Ticking Time [Jane x Cody]   Ticking Time [Jane x Cody] EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 6:06 am

@Jasmine Hopefully Jane can figure it out to save her own son.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Ticking Time [Jane x Cody]   Ticking Time [Jane x Cody] EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 6:20 am

OOC: Oh my god, this is so cruel...
Back to top Go down
Jasmine

Jasmine

PostSubject: Re: Ticking Time [Jane x Cody]   Ticking Time [Jane x Cody] EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 6:43 am

(OOC: @Villian Too bad xD I know the Da Vinci Code I haven't read the book but i saw the movie. But i must admit, I could barley follow it xD)
Back to top Go down
Villain
Admin
Villain

PostSubject: Re: Ticking Time [Jane x Cody]   Ticking Time [Jane x Cody] EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 6:44 am

The movie sucked v.v They didn't follow the story of the book at all, it pissed me off ._.'' You should definitively read the book though xD
Back to top Go down
Jane

Jane

PostSubject: Re: Ticking Time [Jane x Cody]   Ticking Time [Jane x Cody] EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 7:06 am

[[ooc CRAP I didn't see this haha. Hang on I love puzzles, lemme try to figure this one out... If I don't... SORRY CODY. T_T]]

"Cody!" Jane cried out and ran towards him.

"Cody, darling...." Jane began, "Stay calm... I'll... I'll take care of this."

This wasn't fair, Jane's hands shook as she read the note. She had to save her son. All of her senses were on overload, it felt as the world was in slow motion and fast forwarding all at once.

She took a deep breath, if she was going to save him.... She needed to be calm too.
Back to top Go down
Villain
Admin
Villain

PostSubject: Re: Ticking Time [Jane x Cody]   Ticking Time [Jane x Cody] EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 7:09 am

[OOC: It shouldn't be that hard. As far as I know, this is the most well known line of numbers created so far ^^'' And you do have until tomorrow, so you'll get it xD]
Back to top Go down
Jane

Jane

PostSubject: Re: Ticking Time [Jane x Cody]   Ticking Time [Jane x Cody] EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 7:13 am

[[ooc Is this cruelty for when I said I was bad at math? Haha I think I've figured it out though. 1+1 =2 2+1 = 3 3+2=5 5+3=8 and so on... So.... 34-13 = 21 and 21+13 = 34 AND 13+8=21 So I think that's right.... /really afraid

I think this sequence has a name too... I remember it from sophomore year geometry class. Fibbonacci something? If it's right can you tell me, cuz it will bother me lol]]

Jane looked over the digits and did a quick calculation in her head. Thinking she was on the right track she again did the calculations over again slowly. One, two, three times.

She nodded.

"21." She was confident this was the number.
Back to top Go down
Jasmine

Jasmine

PostSubject: Re: Ticking Time [Jane x Cody]   Ticking Time [Jane x Cody] EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 7:20 am

(@Villian i will read the book, I also like puzzels. Smile )
Back to top Go down
Jane

Jane

PostSubject: Re: Ticking Time [Jane x Cody]   Ticking Time [Jane x Cody] EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 7:21 am

[[okay villian... that's my final answer T_T]]
Back to top Go down
Villain
Admin
Villain

PostSubject: Re: Ticking Time [Jane x Cody]   Ticking Time [Jane x Cody] EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 7:41 am

[OOC: You are indeed right xD Fibonacci xD BTW, I never really gave any thought as to how to get him down, any suggestions? xD]
Back to top Go down
Jane

Jane

PostSubject: Re: Ticking Time [Jane x Cody]   Ticking Time [Jane x Cody] EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 7:44 am

[[Villain should come give Jane a hand. ^^ Though she's never met him, she won't know it's him! xD]]
Back to top Go down
Villain
Admin
Villain

PostSubject: Re: Ticking Time [Jane x Cody]   Ticking Time [Jane x Cody] EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 7:46 am

[OOC: And she won't put two and two together if he just came in with a ladder? O.o Actually.. wait... got an idea! xD]

The door slightly opened and a male came into sight. He was carrying a big ladder in one hand and something she couldn't quite see due to the darkness of the room in his other hand. He threw the ladder on the floor in front of her with a deafening sound loud enough to make her cover her ears.
Back to top Go down
Cody

Cody

PostSubject: Re: Ticking Time [Jane x Cody]   Ticking Time [Jane x Cody] EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 7:47 am

@ Jane Sounds good to me! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jane

Jane

PostSubject: Re: Ticking Time [Jane x Cody]   Ticking Time [Jane x Cody] EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 7:50 am

The loud sound caused her to squeeze her eyes shut.

After a few seconds she opened them again.

Was he a friend or foe?

"W-who are you?" Jane asked quietly. Obviously the ladder was for Cody. But was her number right or wrong? Was this man coming to take her son away?
Back to top Go down
Villain
Admin
Villain

PostSubject: Re: Ticking Time [Jane x Cody]   Ticking Time [Jane x Cody] EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 7:51 am

"Oh Jane," he sighed amused. "I thought you were smarter than that. Can't you put two and two together?"
Back to top Go down
Jane

Jane

PostSubject: Re: Ticking Time [Jane x Cody]   Ticking Time [Jane x Cody] EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 7:54 am

Jane almost laughed.

She certainly could put two and two together based upon the puzzle... Or perpahs she couldn't and she wouldn't ever see her Cody again.

"You're him.... Aren't you." She asked quietly, understanding. She had thought it might be, but why would he come to her now? Why would he make himself known?
Back to top Go down
Villain
Admin
Villain

PostSubject: Re: Ticking Time [Jane x Cody]   Ticking Time [Jane x Cody] EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 7:56 am

"See, I knew you could do it," he said and smiled slyly. He paused and looked to the ladder on the floor before he looked back at Jane.
"So, are you going to save him, or have you completely forgotten about your son?" he asked flatly, almost bored, but the insinuation was real. Had she forgotten him?
Back to top Go down
Rapunzel

Rapunzel

PostSubject: Re: Ticking Time [Jane x Cody]   Ticking Time [Jane x Cody] EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 8:01 am

(OoC: I'd be scared to climb the ladder with the Villian standing there.. I'd be afraid that he'd knock it over or something... Shocked ))
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/BoomerAANGProduction?feature=mhee
Cody

Cody

PostSubject: Re: Ticking Time [Jane x Cody]   Ticking Time [Jane x Cody] EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 8:02 am

@Villain LOL Oh you silly villain! Razz
Back to top Go down
Jane

Jane

PostSubject: Re: Ticking Time [Jane x Cody]   Ticking Time [Jane x Cody] EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 8:05 am

There was something in his other hand. He wanted her to climb the ladder....

Obviously she didn't trust him, but what choice did she have? If she refused he could easily take Cody from her.

If she spoke back to him, would he take it as a threat or believe her to be fiery and brave despite what he had done to her, her son and the rest of the people here?

Jane eyed him suspiciously.

"I would never forget my son." She growled. When it came to Cody, or most mothers and children Jane figured, the instinct to protect was primal.

She backed toward the ladder slowly, facing toward Villian. She would not turn her back on him.
Back to top Go down
Villain
Admin
Villain

PostSubject: Re: Ticking Time [Jane x Cody]   Ticking Time [Jane x Cody] EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 8:08 am

"Yeah, say that to him," he said and nodded towards the kid who was hanging in chains who were obviously just about to break.
Back to top Go down
Jane

Jane

PostSubject: Re: Ticking Time [Jane x Cody]   Ticking Time [Jane x Cody] EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 8:12 am

Jane knew he would fall.

"Dammit." She swore under her breath, and in one swift motion ascended the ladder, bracing Cody so he didn't fall.

"I've got you." She whispered to the child, nearly shaking with the joy of being so near to him again.

She needed to figure out how to undo the chains. They were looped around, she figured she could get them off of him, but it would be quite the production attempting to balance him in her arms, herself, and remain on the ladder... As long as Villian stayed where he was.

She turned her head and eyed him suspiciously, he was just standing there... watching.

What did he want anyway?

Jane didn't ask and busied her fingers unwrapping the chains.
Back to top Go down
Cody

Cody

PostSubject: Re: Ticking Time [Jane x Cody]   Ticking Time [Jane x Cody] EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 8:16 am

Cody looked down at his mother and the stranger. He was feeling the chains that were holding him breaking. He saw his mother climb up the ladder and smiled. He was so happy to see her again. She slowly tried to unwrap the chains that were holding him.
Back to top Go down
Jane

Jane

PostSubject: Re: Ticking Time [Jane x Cody]   Ticking Time [Jane x Cody] EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 8:19 am

"Are you alright love?" Jane asked him gently, still trying to free him.
Back to top Go down
Cody

Cody

PostSubject: Re: Ticking Time [Jane x Cody]   Ticking Time [Jane x Cody] EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 8:22 am

"Yes mom, I'm alright." Cody wanted to hug his mother but the chains were breaking and he was afraid to move. "Are you okay mom?"
Back to top Go down
Jane

Jane

PostSubject: Re: Ticking Time [Jane x Cody]   Ticking Time [Jane x Cody] EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 8:29 am

"Couldn't be better." She mustered a cheerful smile and freed the last chain.

"Hold on to me." She told him firmly, as she gripped the ladder with one hand and swung him on to her hip.

He had been getting heavier, but he was lighter now. lack of food.

Jane commanded herself not to cry, and she kept her face pleasant for him. She gripped him tightly and kissed him on the top of his blonde head.

She began to descend the ladder rung by rung, still holding tightly to her son and somehow managing to manuever down the ladder.
Back to top Go down
Villain
Admin
Villain

PostSubject: Re: Ticking Time [Jane x Cody]   Ticking Time [Jane x Cody] EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 8:32 am

He was standing there. Watching. Smiling. He wanted to see if she would fall, if they would both die. Or at least be severely damaged. He wanted her to fall.
Back to top Go down
Cody

Cody

PostSubject: Re: Ticking Time [Jane x Cody]   Ticking Time [Jane x Cody] EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 8:34 am

Cody held tight onto his mother. He hugged her tightly. After begging and waiting, he finally got to see his mother again. She was okay. And they were together again. "I love you mom." he finally said to her.
Back to top Go down
Snow White

Snow White

PostSubject: Re: Ticking Time [Jane x Cody]   Ticking Time [Jane x Cody] EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 8:37 am

[OoC Wow, he is such a creep, no offense villian but man that is twisted! I hope Jane and Cody make it out alive!]
Back to top Go down
Jane

Jane

PostSubject: Re: Ticking Time [Jane x Cody]   Ticking Time [Jane x Cody] EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 8:39 am

[[how many rungs are we talking here? I was thinking your standard ladder... But maybe it's higher? xD Like 50+ rungs?]]

"I love you too Cody." How long had it been since she had heard that? She felt joy, stupid happiness welled up inside her chest, seeing him again, relatively safe... It made her want to fight harder.

Jane was determined. She felt her foot slip out from under her and she gave a small cry, but she gripped the next rung with her free hand and planted her foot back in place.

She didn't want to fall. She wouldn't fall, she had to make sure Cody was okay.
Back to top Go down
Villain
Admin
Villain

PostSubject: Re: Ticking Time [Jane x Cody]   Ticking Time [Jane x Cody] EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 8:52 am

As Jane's foot found the ladder step again he felt oddly disappointed. He didn't let it get to him though, the game was still not over, and he could still have plenty of fun with them.

Last edited by Villain on Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cody

Cody

PostSubject: Re: Ticking Time [Jane x Cody]   Ticking Time [Jane x Cody] EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 8:53 am

Cody held onto his mother tightly. He saw her slipped on the ladder step and gripped onto the rung as she was trying to get both of them down to safety. "You can do it mom! Don't give up!" He encouraged his mother.
Back to top Go down
Jane

Jane

PostSubject: Re: Ticking Time [Jane x Cody]   Ticking Time [Jane x Cody] EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 8:58 am

They were safe on the ground, but Jane still clung to her son. She didn't want to put him down.

She held him against her chest and held the back of his head against her shoulder.

She was holding him as if he were much younger, but she was not letting go without a fight.

She looked Villian in the eyes. What did he want with them now.

"I solved your puzzle... I got him down. Thanks for the ladder." She told him, he wouldn't let them go, but if he wasn't going to tortue them she would prefer to stay with her son. That wouldn't happen... But if only...

A silent tear fell down her cheek. She didn't want Cody to see, but Villian probably would.

Didn't he have a heart? Hadn't he ever been in love? She shivered suddenly freezing, adrenaline wearing off.

He had saved her from Phoebus. He did have a heart, but why? She wanted to ask him about that... Why not let her suffer?
Back to top Go down
Villain
Admin
Villain

PostSubject: Re: Ticking Time [Jane x Cody]   Ticking Time [Jane x Cody] EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 9:02 am

He couldn't help but smile at her silent tear. Was she really as caring as she was acting? Or was she just a really good actress? Just one way to figure out. He raised his hand to reveal what he had been holding. A gun. He pointed it at both of them in turn.
"It's you or him Jane, make a choice. Fast." he said coldly, and a bit amused.
Back to top Go down
Jane

Jane

PostSubject: Re: Ticking Time [Jane x Cody]   Ticking Time [Jane x Cody] EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 9:07 am

Without hesitation Jane let him fall from her arms.

"Me take me. Let him go."
Back to top Go down
Villain
Admin
Villain

PostSubject: Re: Ticking Time [Jane x Cody]   Ticking Time [Jane x Cody] EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 9:10 am

So she was for real. At least about her son.
"Mehh, you just took all the fun out of it," he said as he put his hand in his pocket to get a key. He threw a key in Janes direction labeled "5".
Back to top Go down
Cody

Cody

PostSubject: Re: Ticking Time [Jane x Cody]   Ticking Time [Jane x Cody] EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 9:16 am

(ooc: Had a heart attack because of that. Villain, you're a monster!!)

Cody saw the gun with his eyes widen. He held tightly to his mother. He didn't want to lose her. Not again! But then sudden, he saw the stranger throw a key to his mother. He signed with relief still held his mother in his small arms.
Back to top Go down
Jane

Jane

PostSubject: Re: Ticking Time [Jane x Cody]   Ticking Time [Jane x Cody] EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 9:17 am

Shaking Jane picked Cody back up and eyed Villian and then the key.

Fun? This was fun? Alright then.

She wasn't sure if she should take a step forward, she was frozen where she stood. Instead of moving, she finally spoke.

"Why did you save me." Jane asked finally.

"From Phoebus. That sleeping gas wasn't by accident."

It had been driving her mad, why on Earth would he save her from Phoebus? Didn't he enjoy watching stuff like that?
Back to top Go down
Villain
Admin
Villain

PostSubject: Re: Ticking Time [Jane x Cody]   Ticking Time [Jane x Cody] EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 9:18 am

"You might not be anything other than a filthy human being," he said flatly without looking at her, but then he turned his eyes to Cody.
"But he's innocent.. and he needs you."
Back to top Go down
Jane

Jane

PostSubject: Re: Ticking Time [Jane x Cody]   Ticking Time [Jane x Cody] EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 9:24 am

Jane nodded. And hugged him closer. "If he needs me... Let us go, this isn't the place for a little boy... He needs fresh air and fields to run around in." She was pleading, but she didn't want to grovel... She stopped then said quietly.

"Is this about Cale?"

That time at the bar, when she kissed Korso... When she saw Cale with another woman. She could only think that this was her sin.
Back to top Go down
Villain
Admin
Villain

PostSubject: Re: Ticking Time [Jane x Cody]   Ticking Time [Jane x Cody] EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 9:26 am

"Possibly," he muttered. He knew there was so much more behind it than just "Cale". But she would never understand.
"Aren't you going?" he asked flatly and looked over at her. The game was over, he was no longer amused.
Back to top Go down
Jane

Jane

PostSubject: Re: Ticking Time [Jane x Cody]   Ticking Time [Jane x Cody] EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 9:31 am

Jane cautiously crept toward the key and picked it up still holding Cody.

Was he going to just let her walk to '5' by herself? She hadn't gotten a chance to look around this place yet. When she found Dimitri again.... It would be some good recon work to go by.

She wanted to talk with the Villian some more, but he was obviously done with it. It bothered her that he knew everything about her and she knew nothing of him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ticking Time [Jane x Cody]   Ticking Time [Jane x Cody] Empty

Back to top Go down

Ticking Time [Jane x Cody]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next