10 Doors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for the YouTube roleplay 10 Doors.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Journalism Essay

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Charlotte

Charlotte

A Journalism Essay Empty
PostSubject: A Journalism Essay   A Journalism Essay EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 2:23 am

We were given the assignment to write a blog about something you cared about. It had to be either film, music or something I can't remember xD Anyways, I chose film, and started writing about Disney. I know this might sound really stupid, but I almost made myself cry while writing this and listening to old Disney songs like A Whole New World and Beauty and The Beast. If anyone wants to read it here it is, I thought I should share it with you ^^''

Journalism Blog

The Death of Disney Magic
In 1937 the first ever animated Disney movie “Snow White” was released, marking the beginning of Disney magic that would last all the way until the 21st century.
Anyone who grew up with these movies would understand the faith, hope, magic and pixie dust I am talking about. Disney used to be a wonderful escape where anything could be real and the movies would always end with a moral. Though the movies were animated, the whole family could sit down and relax together with a good old Disney movie.
Nothing can ever replace the laughter or tears, or even the songs we all used to sing along to. Walt Disney’s death in 1966 marked the beginning of a series of drastic changes that would start the downfall of Disney, though even up until 1999 they were still making grand movies like Tarzan.
Do you remember wanting to swing with Tarzan, swim with Ariel, go to the ball with Cinderella or fly on a magic carpet with Aladdin? Do you remember when Beast danced with Belle? Do you remember fighting monsters with Hercules? Disney used to be a dream world for people of all ages. It used to be a promise that anything could happen as long as you believe.
By the time the movie Hannah Montana was released in 2008 all hope was gone for Disney. It had changed from magic, pixie dust and old, talking animals to young pop stars, prancing on stage for kids under the age of 8.
Many have debated the saddest scene in all of Disney’s movies. Some think it’s Tarzan’s goodbye to Jane, others argue it has to be Mufasa’s death. Me, personally, strongly argue that the greatest tragedy in Disney is by far the day they let Hannah Montana on stage.
Up until this day, and to the last breath I ever take, I will forever be a devoted Disney fan and proud of it. The magic will forever be in me, like with so many others of my age. Still, hearing the old Disney songs brings tears to my eyes, and though the present and future Disney will be without magic and morals, I will forever remember the old classics. My childhood will always be filled with memories of adventure and beauty.
The magic will never be lost as long as we have these memories.
The dreams of Disney will always be as long as we keep dreaming.
Back to top Go down
Snow White

Snow White

A Journalism Essay Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Journalism Essay   A Journalism Essay EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 4:36 am

Ohh, I loove this ^^ And I agree, why did they have to make shows like Hannah Montana?? I mean....she is such a bad example for kids...>.> sorry I kinda dislike her.... :/
Back to top Go down
Charlotte

Charlotte

A Journalism Essay Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Journalism Essay   A Journalism Essay EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 4:48 am

We all dislike her Snow xD We all do xD
Back to top Go down
Snow White

Snow White

A Journalism Essay Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Journalism Essay   A Journalism Essay EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 4:54 am

Oh phew XDD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Journalism Essay Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Journalism Essay   A Journalism Essay Empty

Back to top Go down

A Journalism Essay
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
10 Doors :: [Out of Character] :: ~ Discussing the RP-
Jump to: