10 Doors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for the YouTube roleplay 10 Doors.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Whats the right thing to do?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wendy

Wendy

Whats the right thing to do? Empty
PostSubject: Whats the right thing to do?   Whats the right thing to do? EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 9:15 am

I wanna get baptized on Sunday already signed up. But my mom does not wan't me to because it is a different religion then the one I grew up in when I was a kid. She said I would go to hell if I got baptized there. That is so stupid is it wrong to wanna get baptized.... in other news my dog Kopa....My grandma is giving him away I am so upset I have no dog now :-( been crying today
Back to top Go down
Snow White

Snow White

PostSubject: Re: Whats the right thing to do?   Whats the right thing to do? EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 9:27 am

Ohh Wendy, if you believe the church that you are getting baptized into is right then don't let that stop you. And its not wrong to want to be baptized ok, and why is your grandma taking your dog away??
Back to top Go down
Aladdin

Aladdin

PostSubject: Re: Whats the right thing to do?   Whats the right thing to do? EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 9:44 am

It's not wrong honey. You can be apart of whatever church you want. You're old enough, and you can't FORCE someone to follow a certain religion. All you can do is influence a young child growing up. I can kind of feel for you though: My family is Catholic, and strict ones at that. But I don't like Catholicism and I disagree with our church oftentimes, and I would like to convert and be Lutheran some day. I want a Lutheran wedding, but my mom says absolutely not, that it would break my grandma's heart. I might consider doing a Catholic wedding, simply because my grandma is the kindest and most loving person I know, and she's strict Catholic. But if I don't, my family is just going to have to respect that and deal with it. So do what you want hun!
Back to top Go down
Kenai

Kenai

PostSubject: Re: Whats the right thing to do?   Whats the right thing to do? EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 11:38 am

Just do what you feel is right. My story: I was baptised as lutheran when i was a baby. And i went throug confirmation camp and stuff, but i was never very religious, nor did i believe in god. So I asked my mom if it was a good idea if i resigned from church. She said that i shouldn't, so i asked her what's the point if you don't believe. She said it's tradition. So last autumn i resigned from church, because i felt like i was insulting all the believers by being in the church and not believing myself. Mom was angry at me first for going behind her back. but i was an adult and she couldn't do anything to it. So now days I'm actually a happy atheist ^^ By the way mom isn't religious herself either.. so she wasn't too upset. It bums her that I don't get my free church wedding or a free burrial if i don't belong to church XD.
Back to top Go down
Wendy

Wendy

PostSubject: Re: Whats the right thing to do?   Whats the right thing to do? EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 7:07 pm

thank you both of you I guess I have to follow my heart on this one and if my family does not agree they will just have to accept me I still feel some what dirty like I am disgracing my family or something
Back to top Go down
Kenai

Kenai

PostSubject: Re: Whats the right thing to do?   Whats the right thing to do? EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 10:45 pm

Just tell them that it is nothing personal, that you are the same as you always were, you are just changing congrication. Is it like a different religion or just different christian religion?
Back to top Go down
Wendy

Wendy

PostSubject: Re: Whats the right thing to do?   Whats the right thing to do? EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 5:10 am

Its a big change from apostolic penocostal to regular christian
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats the right thing to do?   Whats the right thing to do? Empty

Back to top Go down

Whats the right thing to do?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
10 Doors :: [Out of Character] :: ~ Discussing the RP-
Jump to: