10 Doors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for the YouTube roleplay 10 Doors.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

HELP! IN DESPERATE NEED OF HELP!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Villain
Admin
Villain

HELP! IN DESPERATE NEED OF HELP! Empty
PostSubject: HELP! IN DESPERATE NEED OF HELP!   HELP! IN DESPERATE NEED OF HELP! EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 12:28 pm

I was editing some normal text like I have done a billion times before and all of a sudden Sony Vegas acts up and this "Master Level" pops up. It looks like a normal editing track, except it is not a Video track or a Sound track. I can not drag anything down on it, and it is impossible to remove / delete like other tracks. It is extremely frustrating and annoying and I just want it GONE. I have tried searching tutorials on YouTube, looking for answers on Google and even read the "Help" pages of Sony Vegas, but NOTHING can tell me what the "Master Level" is. (I only know the name due to if I go on Edit it tells me "Undo" or "Redo Master Level Event". But these buttons never do anything. PLEASE help me, I am desperate to get rid of it. Please?
I don't care what it's for, I have never had any use of it in the past, I just want it gone!
Plus, ever since it popped up, no audio will play on my other tracks, which is extremely frustrating, because then I can't edit.

(I use Sony Vegas 09 if that changes anything.)

I have stayed up for hours trying to find out how the hell to get the fucking thing OFF!!!!!!!!!! >.<
(Sorry, a bit grumpy since I clearly havn't figured it out yet!)

Please help? v.v I've searched on YouTube, Google, Yahoo Answers, CreativeCOW, even the HELP pages on Sony Vegas, but I can not find any clues on how to remove it. Hell, I can't even find any clues that it even EXISTS. No one has ever posted about this "Master Level" before, and it's starting to majorly piss me off! >.<
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/xNightKissx?feature=mhee
Wendy

Wendy

PostSubject: Re: HELP! IN DESPERATE NEED OF HELP!   HELP! IN DESPERATE NEED OF HELP! EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 12:40 pm

did you try to click on file and try and hide ir? Or click the little x next to it ?
Back to top Go down
Villain
Admin
Villain

PostSubject: Re: HELP! IN DESPERATE NEED OF HELP!   HELP! IN DESPERATE NEED OF HELP! EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 12:43 pm

There is no little x beside it, and "File" is ignoring it's existence >.>''
Back to top Go down
Aladdin

Aladdin

PostSubject: Re: HELP! IN DESPERATE NEED OF HELP!   HELP! IN DESPERATE NEED OF HELP! EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 2:47 pm

I've had many problems with SV in the past, but never this... I'm so sorry that it's doing that!
I don't know anything about it, but I'll research as much as I can.
Good luck in the meantime! I'm sure with all of us here, we can figure it out. Smile
Back to top Go down
Wendy

Wendy

PostSubject: Re: HELP! IN DESPERATE NEED OF HELP!   HELP! IN DESPERATE NEED OF HELP! EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 7:45 pm

o wow.... is the bar hiding you may have the setting messed up O.o are you able to drag things over and such sometimes that can mess you up
Back to top Go down
Wendy

Wendy

PostSubject: Re: HELP! IN DESPERATE NEED OF HELP!   HELP! IN DESPERATE NEED OF HELP! EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 7:48 pm

try pressing B key girl maybe that will get rid of it
Back to top Go down
Wendy

Wendy

PostSubject: Re: HELP! IN DESPERATE NEED OF HELP!   HELP! IN DESPERATE NEED OF HELP! EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 7:52 pm

I figured this out at least from someones convo try this out

I know I had this figured out before, and it seems like something really simple, but I can't seem to remember.

My problem is the Master track appearing at the bottom of my timeline in vegas. I can't just delete it, and it's not normally there. but I can't remember how to turn it off (or why it's there for that matter). It's just kinda annoying and taking up space in my timeline. can someone refresh me on what its for and how to turn it off?

Thanks, sorry for the dumb question, I feel like an idiot since I know I once knew the answer.

control + shift+ B for video

just B for audio

what it is for is in the help file along with other keyboard shortcuts
"Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene

All that did was add a track titled "video" on top of the master track, I want to get rid of it, not add more.

thanks for the tip, but not quite what I was looking for.

Oh, just realized, I'm not sure if I said this before, but the master track is an audio track. It's separated below like its got its own separate timeline down there. Its there as a reflection of the master bus in the Mixer, only it doesn't normally show up. I've some how turned it on and can't figure out how to turn it off, since the master track isn't deleteable by default.

click on the track header (lefthand end) and hit delete ? It works for me.
Read my blogs here and here. Change England's Libel Laws - Sign Here

there is no master track - there is a video bus track .... which i gave you the shortcut for ...

also from help:

"From the View menu, choose Video Bus Track to toggle the display of the video bus track at the bottom of the track view. A single bus track exists as a timeline representation of the main video output.

You can use the bus track to animate video output effects using keyframes, add motion blur envelopes, or video supersampling envelopes."

if you mean something other than the video bus or audio bus, post a screen shot and ill tell you what it is ...
"Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene

Originally Posted by thefiddler
All that did was add a track titled "video" on top of the master track, I want to get rid of it, not add more.

thanks for the tip, but not quite what I was looking for.

Oh, just realized, I'm not sure if I said this before, but the master track is an audio track. It's separated below like its got its own separate timeline down there. Its there as a reflection of the master bus in the Mixer, only it doesn't normally show up. I've some how turned it on and can't figure out how to turn it off, since the master track isn't deleteable by default.

see above for audio

just hit B for audio bus track toggle
"

Thanks man.
Back to top Go down
Dimitri

Dimitri

PostSubject: Re: HELP! IN DESPERATE NEED OF HELP!   HELP! IN DESPERATE NEED OF HELP! EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 7:03 am

I haven't a clue what that is o-e
I hope someone resolved the problem because im kind of useless when it comes to stuff like this >.>
If randomly pressing buttons doesnt work im screwed xDD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/oliviaheehah2
Aladdin

Aladdin

PostSubject: Re: HELP! IN DESPERATE NEED OF HELP!   HELP! IN DESPERATE NEED OF HELP! EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 5:12 am

Hey hun, have you figured out this problem yet? I hope so!
Back to top Go down
Villain
Admin
Villain

PostSubject: Re: HELP! IN DESPERATE NEED OF HELP!   HELP! IN DESPERATE NEED OF HELP! EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 7:13 am

Nilay fixed it for me Very Happy I swear that guy can fix anything he sets his mind to o.o
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL HELP!!!
Back to top Go down
Wendy

Wendy

PostSubject: Re: HELP! IN DESPERATE NEED OF HELP!   HELP! IN DESPERATE NEED OF HELP! EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 8:01 am

yay!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELP! IN DESPERATE NEED OF HELP!   HELP! IN DESPERATE NEED OF HELP! Empty

Back to top Go down

HELP! IN DESPERATE NEED OF HELP!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
10 Doors :: Announcements :: .:: Announcements ::.-
Jump to: