10 Doors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for the YouTube roleplay 10 Doors.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I just don't understand....

Go down 
+6
Cody
Aurora
Villain
Anya
Cinderella
Jane
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Jane

Jane

I just don't understand.... Empty
PostSubject: I just don't understand....   I just don't understand.... EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 11:50 am

Why my mother thinks it's reasonable that I do my little brother's homework.

And then gets mad at me when I don't drop everything I'm doing and do it for him.

This has been going on for as long as I can remember, I've done projects for him. Papers even.

Or I sit and do all his math problems. Then if I don't do it, or I only help him with a few and I'm doing something on my own and he's doing homework *I* get in trouble for not helping him with his homework (even when I helped him with a few questions).

I thought it would stop when I got to college. I seriously do NOT understand why it is part of my job of being an older sister that I am chained down to my brother's homework. I have done his homework for hours before, putting of things that I need to get done, and when I say no.... I am called, lazy, that I spend too much time on the computer, etc. (all of which are NOT true seeing as I work and go to school and put others before myself all day, so that I literally have no time for anything I want to do). I never go out, barely ever on weekends... Hardly ever. I am busy, I do so much work... I just don't see why I get in trouble for not doing his homework.

He isn't lazy, he's a good student, and it's not like I come from a horrible home either I love my family. It's just this kind of thing that makes me want to move out. xD I love my mom ALOT and my brother is the youngest- her baby, she just wants to take care of him and make sure he does well I gues... But... Guh, I guess I'm just annoyed right now.
Back to top Go down
Cinderella

Cinderella

PostSubject: Re: I just don't understand....   I just don't understand.... EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 12:50 pm

Okay, I gotta say, that's unfair.

Your brother should be doing his own homework. He doesn't need you to do it and he won't learn anything if you do it.

I don't see the logic :/ Your mother calls you lazy when you don't do his homework? You have your own life and own work! I can understand you wanting to move out.

That is NOT the job of the eldest sibling. That's just not right.

If I were you I would put my foot down and have a serious talk with your mother. Explain to her how really you doing your brother's homework is unfair to BOTH of you. For you, you have to put off what you need to do for your own classes and for him, he's not getting the learning experience he's supposed to receive.

So, yeah >.> In all honesty, do what you think is right, hun.
Back to top Go down
Anya

Anya

PostSubject: Re: I just don't understand....   I just don't understand.... EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 1:47 pm

I totally agree with Cindy Very Happy I mean I've helped my OLDER brother before, but that's only because he has zero artistic ability and he really needs my help with drawing and stuff xDD And yes my brother has helped me with Science and Math (my two worst subjects happen to be his best) but we don't do all of the work for eachother, we work as a team, and we don't do it that often. I really think you should just tell your mom how you feel and maybe you should even ask your brother how he feels about the situation? Smile
Back to top Go down
Villain
Admin
Villain

PostSubject: Re: I just don't understand....   I just don't understand.... EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 9:16 pm

I'm sorry, I guess I'm just ruder than most of you, but if my mom did that and called me lazy for not doing it I'd look straight in her eyes and tell her that fucking how lazy is she then, when she never helps him? Seriously, if she's so obsessed with your brother's homework, why doesn't she do it herself?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/xNightKissx?feature=mhee
Aurora

Aurora

PostSubject: Re: I just don't understand....   I just don't understand.... EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 3:36 am

I totally agree with the other. It's not your duty to do someone else homework, not even if it's your little brother. You have your own life.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Moones95
Cody

Cody

PostSubject: Re: I just don't understand....   I just don't understand.... EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 6:59 am

I agree with everyone else. I had the same problem with my little brother. I had to tell him that if I had to help him with his homework every time, then how is he suppose to learn to do it on his own when he gets older. He should do his own homework. Your mother should not call you lazy for not helping him. That to me seems totally unfair.
Back to top Go down
Dimitri

Dimitri

PostSubject: Re: I just don't understand....   I just don't understand.... EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 7:06 am

Ok first things first how is your brother going to learn or cope at school if he is used to having it done for him... ?!
Sometimes i help my brother with bits but in general i leave him to it because well, i was able to do it by myself so why can't he.. ??
I completely agree.. its not fair and you really should try and talk about it with your parents .. x3
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/oliviaheehah2
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: I just don't understand....   I just don't understand.... EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 12:20 am

I agree with the other. Really. It's not normal. Not only 'cause it's not healthy for him, ut it's not fair for you.
Family is a crazy thing. Really.
Back to top Go down
Jasmine

Jasmine

PostSubject: Re: I just don't understand....   I just don't understand.... EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 1:42 am

That is not fair at all! Why should you make his homework?! Sorry to say this but than it is really stupid to make YOU make his homework. He does not learn anything of it.
Back to top Go down
Wendy

Wendy

PostSubject: Re: I just don't understand....   I just don't understand.... EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 3:54 pm

your brother needs to do his own home work.... he won't learn anything!! what the hell!!!! O.o
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I just don't understand....   I just don't understand.... Empty

Back to top Go down

I just don't understand....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
10 Doors :: [Out of Character] :: ~ Discussing the RP-
Jump to: