10 Doors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for the YouTube roleplay 10 Doors.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

More than one character? ~

Go down 
+3
Aladdin
Cinderella
Kayla
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Kayla

Kayla

More than one character? ~ Empty
PostSubject: More than one character? ~   More than one character? ~ EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 6:17 am

I was thinking, it is only a thought, no-one take it to heart. After all, everything is up to Ylva at the end of the day. Some characters are really active and since these players take such joy in roleplaying on the 10 doors site, could they not be allowed to have multiple characters? Maybe a limit at two.

To expand, they would obviously still have to be put on the waiting list with everyone else, but if someone is really active... should they not be allowed a second character? I was just thinking this because I have found myself with no-one to roleplay with on this site at points, because you are in a room with someone and if that person is not online, it is difficult to be "active". I just thought, this way it may be more fair on the more active players?

What does everyone think?

As I said before, it is only a suggestion <3
Back to top Go down
Cinderella

Cinderella

PostSubject: Re: More than one character? ~   More than one character? ~ EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 7:37 am

I personally think it would get confusing if we had more then one characters, but I get where you are coming from. There are times where you just can't roleplay because someone isn't on or you're left alone in a room. It's hard to stay active that way, but other ways to stay active is just to do what you just did, Kayla, start a discussion in OOC and talk to the other RPers that way. We can't do much else and the idea of another character, in my opinion, would get confusing wand what if someone forgets they have the character? The character dies and now no one has a chance to be them because one of the older rp members used them and just forgot about them. That would just be so sad. Sad

This is just my opinion on the subject though, so yeah. :3
Back to top Go down
Aladdin

Aladdin

PostSubject: Re: More than one character? ~   More than one character? ~ EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 7:38 am

Being the busy person I am, I hardly have time to get on every day to check up on Aladdin, so I wouldn't necessarily want to play two people at the same time.

Buuuut I think quite a few others might be interested in it, the ones who are online a lot and are crazy active. So I think it's a great suggestion! Like you said, up to Ylva. I think as long as they go on the waiting list, it's fair. Smile
Back to top Go down
Aladdin

Aladdin

PostSubject: Re: More than one character? ~   More than one character? ~ EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 7:44 am

I agree a bit with Cindy where it would get confusing. I already try to keep track of who plays who XD

Also, one more thing I thought of; If we get too many people wanting more than one character... There are only 20 prisoners at a time, so a lot of spots would be taken up with less people, giving others who want in the RP less of a chance. Or maybe if someone had more than one character, they would be at higher risk of their character getting killed off? There's another thought.
Back to top Go down
Kayla

Kayla

PostSubject: Re: More than one character? ~   More than one character? ~ EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 7:53 am

@Cindy, if you took a character, you would have to promise to be active with that character and I myself would not forget about them xD I mean if you limit it to two at a time, it is not that over indulgent so you would not really forget you had a character. I suppose if you thought you may do, you could simply not create a second character. Also, as for confusion, similar applies, if you feel you would be confused, then you wouldn't have to make a second character. I suppose if you make another channel on the site, to keep them seperate and you'd just have to keep up to date on the roleplay. Making sure you were active with both characters. We could always have a poll to decide whether someone is active enough to have a second character aswell~
I know I could do it, I was just wondering if other people were interested? I really want a second character xD After all, our males are on short supply! Up to Ylva at the end of the day I suppose, but I do hope she decides to take my suggestion into account <3

@Aladdin, thanks! I agree with you. Only the most active should have the oppertunity and Ylva should decide who, we could even set up polls to whether everyone thinks the character is active enough to have a second~
Well thats esy to fix. Ylva only lets a certain amount of second characters to be in roleplay at one time would mean that it still had lot of new character spots available. Also, if you made a second character, you would have to be open to the idea it may be more likely one would be killed off or not request one at all, i suppose~ <3
Back to top Go down
Snow White

Snow White

PostSubject: Re: More than one character? ~   More than one character? ~ EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 8:02 am

I think it also makes sense to have new people come in who are on the waiting list. Depending on if the Villian kills off more people, however seeing as how Ylva has let in more people I don't see that happening for awhile. I'm not saying it wouldn't be nice to have an extra character though, because it would trust me I've had roomies who don't RP as much as they could. So I see where you're coming from, end result its up to Ylva Wink
Back to top Go down
Kayla

Kayla

PostSubject: Re: More than one character? ~   More than one character? ~ EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 8:06 am

Well Eilonwy does only roleplay with like one post a day because she is probably busy, but at the moment, I have no school, etc, so I am totally free and am currently dedicating all my time to this roleplay, so it is a little frustrating xD I think thats why I want a second character so bad~ <3
Back to top Go down
Villain
Admin
Villain

PostSubject: Re: More than one character? ~   More than one character? ~ EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 8:26 am

Look, it's really great that you're this eager to RP, and I just now started a new task which should allow you to RP a bit ^^ I don't mean to sound mad if I do, because I'm really not mad. I'm the kind of person who has a really hard time saying no to people, I usually just wanna give everyone what they want xD I'm such a sucker, I know xD But when I on occasion say no, I mean no :/ I know you've asked me on several occasions about this, but I really agree with Cindy on this one, and I don't really think it's a good idea, so I'm gonna have to say no again :/ Sorry :/
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/xNightKissx?feature=mhee
Kayla

Kayla

PostSubject: Re: More than one character? ~   More than one character? ~ EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 8:44 am

Okay. And well, I would roleplay... but Eilonwy isn't on and she needs to reply so I cant post with her about the new task. </3 Please don't be angry with me... :/ I didn't mean to bug you.
Back to top Go down
Villain
Admin
Villain

PostSubject: Re: More than one character? ~   More than one character? ~ EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 8:51 am

Oh, no! >.< This is why I hate telling people things like that, I don't want you thinking I'm mad at you! I'm really not ^^ I just wanted to tell you, no anger involved xD Dw about it at all ^^
Back to top Go down
Kayla

Kayla

PostSubject: Re: More than one character? ~   More than one character? ~ EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 8:55 am

Alright~ Good xD Could I perhaps switch though? Rooms? Would you mind?~ <3
Back to top Go down
Villain
Admin
Villain

PostSubject: Re: More than one character? ~   More than one character? ~ EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 8:58 am

I will switch everything right after this task x) If Eilonwy won't reply, just write what you buy with your own money xD
Back to top Go down
Kayla

Kayla

PostSubject: Re: More than one character? ~   More than one character? ~ EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 9:04 am

I cant even afford anything with my money apart from condoms XD But thank you dear~ <3
Back to top Go down
Villain
Admin
Villain

PostSubject: Re: More than one character? ~   More than one character? ~ EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 9:11 am

Condoms come in handy in here, trust me xD
Back to top Go down
Kayla

Kayla

PostSubject: Re: More than one character? ~   More than one character? ~ EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 9:13 am

But Im gay XD
Back to top Go down
Villain
Admin
Villain

PostSubject: Re: More than one character? ~   More than one character? ~ EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 9:14 am

That's what Ariel and Kida first said... *cough* Just wait till I room you with Sinbad... xD
Back to top Go down
Kayla

Kayla

PostSubject: Re: More than one character? ~   More than one character? ~ EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 9:18 am

Haha! I cant cheat on my kinda girlfriend with her boyfriend, LOL xD
Back to top Go down
Sinbad

Sinbad

PostSubject: Re: More than one character? ~   More than one character? ~ EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 11:55 am

Kayla wrote:
Haha! I cant cheat on my kinda girlfriend with her boyfriend, LOL xD

Why not? xD Tat could be soooooo mch un Razz
Okay, not really. I'm trying not tio chat o Ariel anymore. At least not for a while.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/cazmill2nd
Wendy

Wendy

PostSubject: Re: More than one character? ~   More than one character? ~ EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 7:56 am

I agree to cause more then one character is so hard to keep track of if one of dies though maybe we will get lucky enough to be allowed back in
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More than one character? ~   More than one character? ~ Empty

Back to top Go down

More than one character? ~
Page 1 of 1