10 Doors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for the YouTube roleplay 10 Doors.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Is this... food?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jane

Jane

Is this... food? Empty
PostSubject: Is this... food?   Is this... food? EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 1:44 am

Jane woke slowly. Her eyes blinked a few times, she sat up with a small sigh and rubbed her eyes again.

Her stomach growled. Bread and water again today? The small bites would be enough to satisfy her for a few hours, but the hunger pangs would soon return. She knew everyone was slowly starving.

She wondered if Esmeralda had had her baby. Surely a pregnant mother, or a nursing mother and baby would not be able to survive here on bread and water alone.

Jane shivered and glanced over to where the bread and water generally appeared... But something was different. It was a bowl.

She approached and glanced down. She gave a small shriek of disgust when the scent of whatever was in the bowl entered her nostrils.

Liver perhaps? Jane couldn't be sure, but it was raw. Raw or not, liver or not it was meat nonetheless. It was certainly disgusting, but meat would provide iron and certain other nutrients she was lacking her her diet.

Instead of eating it though, she decided to wait for Odette to wake up to see if she would want any... And if she didn't, well Jane would gently encourage her to eat a few bites - gross yes, but food.
Back to top Go down
Odette

Odette

Is this... food? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this... food?   Is this... food? EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 1:39 pm

Odette sat up and yawned, 'I wonder what time it is ..' she thought, wondering what everyone outside this place was doing right now as she looked around the room. She saw Jane by the door and stood up.

'What's going on?' she asked and stretched her arms over her head before walking over to her.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/xEnchantedRose
Jane

Jane

Is this... food? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this... food?   Is this... food? EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 1:44 pm

Jane turned to Odette and flashed a weak smile.

"It appears our meal is served."

She paused and stopped herself from wrinkling her nose at the bowl.

"It's not... the best thing in the world..." Jane trailed off, who was she kdding. She could never convince Odette to eat the stuff.

"But I mean, it's got iron in it." She finished lamely, and then just offered the bowl up for Odette to see.
Back to top Go down
Odette

Odette

Is this... food? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this... food?   Is this... food? EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 1:07 pm

Odette stared into the bowl and immediately screwed up her face in disgust.

'What the hell is that?!' she almost shouted as she covered her mouth and nose with her hand.

No matter how hungry she was, there was no way that she was eating what was in that bowl.
Back to top Go down
Jane

Jane

Is this... food? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this... food?   Is this... food? EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 10:08 am

"It's liver." Jane replied.

"I don't know if I even want to eat it..." Jane frowned down at it.

It would be a good idea to eat it... But did she really want to subject herself to it?
Back to top Go down
Odette

Odette

Is this... food? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this... food?   Is this... food? EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 4:20 pm

'Liver?' Odette questioned before taking another look into the bowl, 'I wonder what animal it's from? Or if it's from an animal at all ..'

She wouldn't put it past the villain, he'd already proven that he was a sick and twisted individual so why wouldn't he cut up the people he had killed and feed them to the others as a 'treat'.

'I think I'd prefer to have the bread and water back again ..' she murmered and turned away from the contents of the bowl before she was sick.
Back to top Go down
Jane

Jane

Is this... food? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this... food?   Is this... food? EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 4:57 pm

Jane became pale.

She knew what Odette had insinuated... Human liver?

She felt sick to her stomach and put the bowl down.

She wouldn't be eating for a while.

But she couldn't stop thinking about food. Her stomach growled, so instead she embraced it.

"What is the food you miss most from home?" Jane asked Odette, then continued to answer her own question.

"Mine is breakfast. Every morning I would wake up, scramble eggs, bacon, sausages... Sometimes I'd make pancakes. I would set it all on the table and then call Cody downstairs. We needed a big breakfast to be out trekking all day." Jane smiled.

"Breakfast was the last meal we had together... before... You know." She added quietly.
Back to top Go down
Odette

Odette

Is this... food? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this... food?   Is this... food? EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 1:55 pm

[ OOC: I know Jane & Odette aren't in a room together now, but I meant to write this last night before my laptop shut itself down and I got annoyed with it >.>
Sorry for putting you off food like that, I just started thinking about Hannibal Lecter x3 Though I would be so scared if the whole cannibal thing turned out to be true Shocked xD ]

'That sounds nice, having a routine like that .. and having someone to share it with,' Odette smiled at Jane. She'd never been envious of other peoples lives, what she had on the streets was better than what she had when she lived with her father and that was all she could ask for.

'I never had a permanent home after I ran away, so I never had any set routines like everyone else,' she said with a sad smile, 'I ate when I had the money and went days with only water when I couldn't,' her smile brightened when she remembered how well some of her clients had treated her, 'though I do remember something I miss .. waffles .. waffles with vanilla ice cream, bananas and tons of chocolate sauce,' she laughed, though her stomach ached as she remembered how delicious they had tasted, 'some of my clients took me to fancy hotels to .. well, you know .. and those that actually cared about me would let me order anything from room service, but all I wanted were those waffles ..' she looked to the floor and felt herself tearing up again, 'I never thought I'd miss my old life so much,' she said, trying to laugh away the tears.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Is this... food? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this... food?   Is this... food? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is this... food?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
10 Doors :: Announcements :: The Game :: Room 3-
Jump to: